Our client is an OEM in the heat transfer industry with a global footprint. Their New York City’s sales office specializes in heat transfer engineered solutions for sustainable, energy-efficient HVAC designs. They offer complete lines of equipment and control systems.
Currently we seek an Equipment Sales Manager to assume a senior leadership role within this geography’s business unit. This position will have full P/L responsibilities for the equipment sales office and matrix responsibility for aftermarket sales in the NYC office. This role will allow for an opportunity to coach and mentor a stellar sales team with a mix of experience and a desire to grow sales while providing industry-leading customer service.
- Meet equipment and controls sales objectives in annual operating plan
- Meet profitability objectives in annual operating plan
- Indirectly assist and mentor Aftermarket team in meeting sales and performance objectives
- Motivate and mentor Equipment Sales Engineers to achieve monthly sales and performance objectives
- Teach team members to become “trusted advisors” focused on long term relationships with key customers and primary stakeholders
- Maintain sales pipeline for generating leads, quotation activity and order generation and for forecasting and reporting on bookings, revenue and conversion rates
- Develop and empower all direct reports to sell more
- Lead sales engineering team through complex bid sales strategy, correct product application and start-up
- Thorough understanding of applied systems, heat transfer equipment, and hydronic systems
The Equipment Sales Manager will report to the Business Leader, HVAC and have a direct team of Equipment Sales Engineers. This role will also have significant interaction with customers to include owners, contractors, consulting engineers and vendors.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, sales discipline or related preferred
- 5+ years of managerial experience with a proven track record of success
- Communicates compellingly in person, virtually and in writing one-on-one and to groups
- Demonstrated ability to persuade, convince, influence, and impress others to gain support
- Demonstrated ability to teach or foster development in others
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead high performance work teams with excellent judgment and risk-taking abilities
- 8+ years of OEM HVAC products & services, including equipment and systems, controls, parts, service procedures, project / contract management strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Power Point, Excel and Word
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 5 years: Sales Management or Similar Management Experience
- 8 years: HVAC Product or Services Experience
Our client offers a highly competitive compensation plan including medical, dental, vision and retirement plan options.