HVAC Account Development Sales Representative sought for a very well-established HVAC manufacturer’s representative of leading brands for engineered solutions to meet application and specification needs offering high-quality equipment and filtration products. By packaging products with professionalism in the areas of sales and service, they provide exceptional support unparalleled to that of other independent sales agencies. HVAC Account Development Sales Representative marketplace focus is Chicagoland, Central Illinois and Northwest Indiana working with Mechanical & Ventilation Contractors, Mechanical Engineering Firms, Design Build Contractors, Construction Managers, Service Contractors, Building Managers, and Involved Owners.
HVAC Account Development Sales Representative is a hybrid inside/outside sales position and part of a team charged with pro-actively developing new customer relationships. The right candidate will be highly qualified to provide exceptional customer service and outstanding technical advice. This position is responsible for the sale and profit of the firm’s product offerings. This person must demonstrate a strong desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success of our customers and the Company.
- Builds relationships with new customers; strengthens relationships with existing customers; proactively seeks new customers
- Provides technical assistance and product information to customers
- Accurately and profitably quotes and secures work
- Fulfills secured orders to the satisfaction of the customer
- Maintains and enhances professional and technical knowledge
Education, Skills, Qualifications
- Four-year degree preferred; Technical Associates degree required; equivalent direct industry experience considered
- Excellent sales and inter-personnel skills; high-level of ego drive, assertiveness, empathy, and resilience
- Organized and motivated self-starter; works well needing minimal direction and as part of a team
- Dedicated to servicing customers, delivering results, and getting the job done
- Can provide sales, technical and administrative support
- Able to read and interpret plans, specifications and contract documents; has general knowledge of construction and construction processes
- Able to readily work with various software products
- Able and willing to work overtime
- Daytime travel to see customers and spend time on project sites approximately 30%.
- HVAC or related field: 5+ years sales experience
- Direct sales experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive pay package plus ‘Fortune 500’ type benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, a 401K, vacation and holidays
- Compensation structure is salary plus commission incentive with an uncapped commission structure; approved expenses reimbursed